Topics

Comp 7 & 2019 League results

Alan Flockhart

Attached are the comp results from the 7th League event of 2019.   Congrats to Greg & Kyri for their wins yesterday!  Yet again no model damage even though the wind was trying its best to disturb us all on landing and even during a couple of the flights....

We have not seen Haddenham at its 'normal pace' for both comps for year.   Fingers crossed next year produces a day or so which has some high leg scores!

Many thanks to the South coast crew for making the trip up.  Hopefully we will see all 3 of you back next year and flying.

2019 League FAI results - 5 from 7 events

1st Greg Lewis

2nd Josef Mouris

3rd Alan Flockhart

2019 League Intermediate results - 2 from 3 events

1st Tony Wilson

2nd Kyri Christodoulou

Greg and Jos had a very good tussle throughout the comps this year. Jos got the rub of the green in the first 3 and then Greg muscled his way back from July onwards.  As we know Jos did finish 2nd in the Eurotour league so both are right up there in terms of performances.

Kyri and Tony both swapped wins and 2nd places this year.  Overall Tony has retained the BMFA Geist Motor trophy for another year!

Catch you all next year!

baldyslapnut

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the results.

Well done all who took part.

Some great flying. Watching Jos fly his last two flights yesterday was mighty impressive. Smooth and so tight on the turns.

Very impressed.

Well done to Dick who has show a good improvement this season and netting 4th place.

I will get a provisional calendar for next year.

Greg

On Monday, October 7, 2019, 9:25 am, Alan Flockhart <alan@...> wrote:

[...]

Tony Wilson

Cheers guys

Yesterday turned out fine even after a dire forecast. (well done Joe on the weather call gamble)

Don't actually feel that bad today after the long hard slog. Got home about 20:45 so the early exit was good. ( Don't know how Kyri feels)

Please don't send that wooden thing up North.

See you all in 2020.

On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 at 09:53, baldyslapnut via Groups.Io <baldyslapnut=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

richard.whitehead@btopenworld.com

Hi All

An enjoyable event despite the conditions. Some good flying by everyone.

Kyri – not sure if you were still there during my last flight, but if not you missed me doing an identical manoeuvre to yours at base B – a flick to inverted at low level. Like you I recovered OK and carried on. A much flown plane and never shown any problems before – just felt like it was hit by one of those gusts of winds at a bad point during the turn. I would be interested to see a video of your “event” if you have it.

Dick

[...]

Kyri Christodoulou

Hi All,
A good day and nice to meet up with everyone including the newcomers.

Dick we missed those last flights but I am glad your plane is ok and thanks for letting me know - the video is useable but unfortunately the laptop with my editing software is not working so I will get a short clip of the flick at base b sorted out in due course so you can compare it.

Cheers

Kyri

[...]

Here is the video of the base B acrobatics:

Cheers!
Kyri

[...]

Thanks Kyri.

I don’t have a video of my incident, but my memory tells me it happened in about the same place and attitude as yours just as it was coming out of the turn.

I have had over a 100 flights on an F5B course with that particular plane and never had that happen before. Good job we got away with it – we live and learn.

Dick