Topics

Enigma / Alex settings

Alan Flockhart

Just so we have them for future reference if anyone is looking. Got a query yesterday so these planes are still flying!   These were extracted from an RCG post https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=39195196&postcount=21
--------
Took some digging but found my settings. I know other people have flown the C of G further back but these will get you going and yes you will need down elevator mixed in for compensation when using crow.

Launch with the control surfaces level/neutral, wings level and fuselage straight and level. Hit the power as it leaves the hand and it will go just fine.

You will be landing with crow brake on so your question about landing with a couple of mm of down flap is irrelevant. With crow brake out you can land with a nose down approach and the brakes will stop the speed building. If you can pop the brakes away when it's about 6" off the ground to protect the flaps/linkages/servos but lots of people don't and don't have any problems.

C of G- 72mm back from the leading edge at the root.

Elevator- in speed mode 5mm up 4.5mm down.

Elevator- in thermal and normal mode 6mm each way.

Aileron- 10mm up 5mm down in all modes.

Snap flap- flap 4mm down, aileron 3mm down.

In thermal mode drop the flaps 4mm and the ailerons 3mm.

Steve

pauleisner1

Yes those are the settings I used and they worked well for me.
Paul.