Next Event 27th June 2021

baldyslapnut

As predicted CV19 continues to make Eurotour events difficult to run. Two weeks ago the Belgium Eurotour event was postponed until September. Last week the German and French Governments put the UK on their amber lists due the Indian variant. We cannot see it is viable to hold the UK round of the Eurotour at the end of June.

So we are planning two possible alternatives.

A) An event at Garstang in Cumbria. It is a field used for pylon racing and can easily hold an F5B event. Our thoughts are to hold a practice session of Saturday afternoon followed by a comp on Sunday. This would allow pilots to travel on Saturday to the event and camp or B&B over night. 

For A to work we need commitment from the Northern based fliers they will attend. If not then Plan B would swing into action.

B) A one day event at Haddenham on the 27th June.

I shall be grateful if you could within the reason tell me if you would attend an event at Garstang on the 27th July. Obviously you cannot be 100% but a good idea would help us shape our plans.

I will publish a report on Tuesday of the excellent event at Sherlowe. Well done to Jos on some impressive flying.

Happy Landing

Greg

Tony Wilson

Hi Greg

It's a Yes for me plan 'A' at Winmarleigh Garstang weekend end of June.

Think Garstang may be in Lancashire not Cumbria.
( says Tony that struggles to even follow a satNav )
I should be able to find this one, being just around the corner.

Regards

Tony.

On Sun, 30 May 2021 at 22:15, baldyslapnut via groups.io
<baldyslapnut=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

As predicted CV19 continues to make Eurotour events difficult to run. Two weeks ago the Belgium Eurotour event was postponed until September. Last week the German and French Governments put the UK on their amber lists due the Indian variant. We cannot see it is viable to hold the UK round of the Eurotour at the end of June.

A) An event at Garstang in Cumbria. It is a field used for pylon racing and can easily hold an F5B event. Our thoughts are to hold a practice session of Saturday afternoon followed by a comp on Sunday. This would allow pilots to travel on Saturday to the event and camp or B&B over night.

For A to work we need commitment from the Northern based fliers they will attend. If not then Plan B would swing into action.

I shall be grateful if you could within the reason tell me if you would attend an event at Garstang on the 27th July. Obviously you cannot be 100% but a good idea would help us shape our plans.

I will publish a report on Tuesday of the excellent event at Sherlowe. Well done to Jos on some impressive flying.

Happy Landing

Greg

baldyslapnut

Hi Tony,

Great news and thank you.

Greg

On Sunday, May 30, 2021, 10:38 pm, Tony Wilson <flyingtonyw@...> wrote:

Hi Greg

It's a Yes for me plan 'A' at Winmarleigh Garstang weekend end of June.

Think Garstang may be in Lancashire not Cumbria.
( says Tony that struggles to even follow a satNav )
I should be able to find this one, being just around the corner.

Regards

Tony.

On Sun, 30 May 2021 at 22:15, baldyslapnut via groups.io
<baldyslapnut=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
>
> As predicted CV19 continues to make Eurotour events difficult to run. Two weeks ago the Belgium Eurotour event was postponed until September. Last week the German and French Governments put the UK on their amber lists due the Indian variant. We cannot see it is viable to hold the UK round of the Eurotour at the end of June.
>
> So we are planning two possible alternatives.
>
> A) An event at Garstang in Cumbria. It is a field used for pylon racing and can easily hold an F5B event. Our thoughts are to hold a practice session of Saturday afternoon followed by a comp on Sunday. This would allow pilots to travel on Saturday to the event and camp or B&B over night.
>
> For A to work we need commitment from the Northern based fliers they will attend. If not then Plan B would swing into action.
>
> B) A one day event at Haddenham on the 27th June.
>
> I shall be grateful if you could within the reason tell me if you would attend an event at Garstang on the 27th July. Obviously you cannot be 100% but a good idea would help us shape our plans.
>
> I will publish a report on Tuesday of the excellent event at Sherlowe. Well done to Jos on some impressive flying.
>
> Happy Landing
>
>
> Greg

>

George Shering

Delighted to come if health permits.
George

On Sun, 30 May 2021, 22:15 baldyslapnut via groups.io, <baldyslapnut=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Happy Landing

Greg

richard.whitehead@btopenworld.com

Hi Greg

Can we assume Garstang is 27th June ( 27th July is a Tuesday)?

Yes to plan A for me.

Dick

From: main@f5b-uk.groups.io <main@f5b-uk.groups.io> On Behalf Of baldyslapnut via groups.io
Sent: 30 May 2021 22:16
To: main@f5b-uk.groups.io
Subject: [f5b-uk] Next Event 27th June 2021

Happy Landing

Greg

Kyri Christodoulou

Hi Greg 
I also can make the 27th June in Garstang, 

Here is a look at the field which I found: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuxiiKe9P40

Regards
Kyri

-----Original Message-----
To: main@f5b-uk.groups.io <main@f5b-uk.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, 30 May 2021 22:15

Happy Landing

Greg

baldyslapnut

Sorry.

I keep doing that.

27th June is correct

Greg

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 9:43 am, Kyri Christodoulou via groups.io <KJChristodoulou@...> wrote:

Hi Greg 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuxiiKe9P40

Regards
Kyri

Happy Landing

Greg

Alan Flockhart

What are the Southerners planning on doing accommodation wise on the 26th?    There are a few campsites reasonably local but they all seem to be full. 

1300 ish starting for the practice on the Sat?

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 02/06/2021 22:23:04
Subject: Re: [f5b-uk] Next Event 27th June 2021

Sorry.

I keep doing that.

27th June is correct

Greg

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 9:43 am, Kyri Christodoulou via groups.io <KJChristodoulou@...> wrote:

Hi Greg 

Regards
Kyri

Happy Landing

Greg

Was thinking about trying to find a B&B or hotel for the night.

I have a tent and camp bed, but would have to buy a new sleeping bag if camping.

No idea if any hotels/rooms available as I have not looked yet.

Dick

From: main@f5b-uk.groups.io <main@f5b-uk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Flockhart
Sent: 10 June 2021 09:57

What are the Southerners planning on doing accommodation wise on the 26th?    There are a few campsites reasonably local but they all seem to be full. 

Sorry.

I keep doing that.

27th June is correct

Greg

Hi Greg 

Regards

Kyri

Happy Landing

Greg

Has the field/event been confirmed yet?

Dick

From: main@f5b-uk.groups.io <main@f5b-uk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Flockhart
Sent: 10 June 2021 09:57

Sorry.

I keep doing that.

27th June is correct

Greg

Hi Greg 

Regards

Kyri

Happy Landing

Greg

jjmouris

I’m unfortunately going to have to drive up late Saturday or early Sunday due childcare reasons. Wife’s working Saturday. So if camping on site isn’t possible then I’ll come up early Sunday.

J

On 10 Jun 2021, at 10:17, richard.whitehead@btopenworld.com via groups.io <richard.whitehead=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

baldyslapnut

Afternoon,

George sorry to hear you cannot make it.

As you say weather is good. Compared to further South it is the place to be.

As discussed we will meet on Saturday for a practice and then the comp of Sunday.

I will plan to be at the field at 1pm on Saturday traffic permitting.

We can get the course up and fly as soon as possible.

Regards

Greg

On Thursday, 10 June 2021, 11:06:02 BST, jjmouris <jjmouris@...> wrote:

I’m unfortunately going to have to drive up late Saturday or early Sunday due childcare reasons. Wife’s working Saturday. So if camping on site isn’t possible then I’ll come up early Sunday.

J
> On 10 Jun 2021, at 10:17, richard.whitehead@... via groups.io <richard.whitehead=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
>

Kyri Christodoulou

Hi All
The entrance to the site has a concrete road at the end of it you will get to a gate which opens automatically (with a siren sounding)

One thing to be aware of, is that when you get to the grass track, avoid it and drive along the edge of the field next to it. This is because the farmer told Tony that the condition is not good.

Regards
Kyri

To: richard.whitehead@... via groups.io <richard.whitehead@...>; main@f5b-uk.groups.io <main@f5b-uk.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 13:54

Afternoon,

As discussed we will meet on Saturday for a practice and then the comp of Sunday.

Regards

Greg

J
> On 10 Jun 2021, at 10:17, richard.whitehead@... via groups.io <richard.whitehead=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
>

Paul Bardoe

I try get up there early and put a sign on the road by the track.
It will read pylon .

Cheers
Paul

On 25 Jun 2021, at 20:42, Kyri Christodoulou via groups.io <KJChristodoulou@...> wrote:

Hi All
The entrance to the site has a concrete road at the end of it you will get to a gate which opens automatically (with a siren sounding)

One thing to be aware of, is that when you get to the grass track, avoid it and drive along the edge of the field next to it. This is because the farmer told Tony that the condition is not good.

Regards
Kyri

To: richard.whitehead@... via groups.io <richard.whitehead@...>; main@f5b-uk.groups.io <main@f5b-uk.groups.io>

Afternoon,

Regards

Greg

J
>

Tony Wilson

Remember Joe, avoid the dusty track ( full of nails and glass), follow
car tyre tracks through the field.

Cheers

Tony.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 at 20:42, Kyri Christodoulou via groups.io
<KJChristodoulou=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All

Regards
Kyri

From: baldyslapnut via groups.io <baldyslapnut=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>
To: richard.whitehead@btopenworld.com via groups.io <richard.whitehead=btinternet.com@groups.io>; main@f5b-uk.groups.io <main@f5b-uk.groups.io>

Afternoon,

Regards

Greg

On Thursday, 10 June 2021, 11:06:02 BST, jjmouris <jjmouris@gmail.com> wrote:

J
On 10 Jun 2021, at 10:17, richard.whitehead@btopenworld.com via groups.io <richard.whitehead=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote: