Next Event 27th June 2021

baldyslapnut

As predicted CV19 continues to make Eurotour events difficult to run. Two weeks ago the Belgium Eurotour event was postponed until September. Last week the German and French Governments put the UK on their amber lists due the Indian variant. We cannot see it is viable to hold the UK round of the Eurotour at the end of June.

So we are planning two possible alternatives.

A) An event at Garstang in Cumbria. It is a field used for pylon racing and can easily hold an F5B event. Our thoughts are to hold a practice session of Saturday afternoon followed by a comp on Sunday. This would allow pilots to travel on Saturday to the event and camp or B&B over night.

For A to work we need commitment from the Northern based fliers they will attend. If not then Plan B would swing into action.

B) A one day event at Haddenham on the 27th June.

I shall be grateful if you could within the reason tell me if you would attend an event at Garstang on the 27th July. Obviously you cannot be 100% but a good idea would help us shape our plans.

I will publish a report on Tuesday of the excellent event at Sherlowe. Well done to Jos on some impressive flying.

Happy Landing

Greg

Tony Wilson

Hi Greg

It's a Yes for me plan 'A' at Winmarleigh Garstang weekend end of June.

Think Garstang may be in Lancashire not Cumbria.
( says Tony that struggles to even follow a satNav )
I should be able to find this one, being just around the corner.

Regards

Tony.

On Sun, 30 May 2021 at 22:15, baldyslapnut via groups.io
<baldyslapnut=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Hi Tony,

Great news and thank you.

Greg

On Sunday, May 30, 2021, 10:38 pm, Tony Wilson <flyingtonyw@...> wrote:

Hi Greg

It's a Yes for me plan 'A' at Winmarleigh Garstang weekend end of June.

Think Garstang may be in Lancashire not Cumbria.
( says Tony that struggles to even follow a satNav )
I should be able to find this one, being just around the corner.

Regards

Tony.

On Sun, 30 May 2021 at 22:15, baldyslapnut via groups.io
<baldyslapnut=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

> As predicted CV19 continues to make Eurotour events difficult to run. Two weeks ago the Belgium Eurotour event was postponed until September. Last week the German and French Governments put the UK on their amber lists due the Indian variant. We cannot see it is viable to hold the UK round of the Eurotour at the end of June.
>
> So we are planning two possible alternatives.
>
> A) An event at Garstang in Cumbria. It is a field used for pylon racing and can easily hold an F5B event. Our thoughts are to hold a practice session of Saturday afternoon followed by a comp on Sunday. This would allow pilots to travel on Saturday to the event and camp or B&B over night.
>
> For A to work we need commitment from the Northern based fliers they will attend. If not then Plan B would swing into action.
>
> B) A one day event at Haddenham on the 27th June.
>
> I shall be grateful if you could within the reason tell me if you would attend an event at Garstang on the 27th July. Obviously you cannot be 100% but a good idea would help us shape our plans.
>
> I will publish a report on Tuesday of the excellent event at Sherlowe. Well done to Jos on some impressive flying.
>
> Happy Landing
>

> Greg

George Shering

Delighted to come if health permits.
George

On Sun, 30 May 2021, 22:15 baldyslapnut via groups.io, <baldyslapnut=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

richard.whitehead@btopenworld.com

Hi Greg

Can we assume Garstang is 27th June ( 27th July is a Tuesday)?

Yes to plan A for me.

Dick

[...]

Kyri Christodoulou

Hi Greg
I also can make the 27th June in Garstang,

Here is a look at the field which I found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuxiiKe9P40

Regards
Kyri

[...]

Sorry.

I keep doing that.

27th June is correct

Greg

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 9:43 am, Kyri Christodoulou via groups.io <KJChristodoulou@...> wrote:

[...]

Alan Flockhart

What are the Southerners planning on doing accommodation wise on the 26th?    There are a few campsites reasonably local but they all seem to be full.

1300 ish starting for the practice on the Sat?

[...]

Was thinking about trying to find a B&B or hotel for the night.

I have a tent and camp bed, but would have to buy a new sleeping bag if camping.

No idea if any hotels/rooms available as I have not looked yet.

Dick