Number of competitions in 2019 #poll


Alan Flockhart
 

Looking forwards to the 2019 season how many competitions would people like to see. 
It will be a team selection year (subject to an F5B WC being held in 2020) so we could also look to have a 2 day event with 8 or so rounds possibly.

As per previous years we will be looking to move the events around the country as much as possible.
We are always on the lookout for other venues - If you know of any large enough to host a comp please let us know so it can be investigated. 
We will be planning to have the Eurotour in early/mid July as in previous years.

Thank you for voting. Results will be available when the poll is closed.



Steve Burns <steve.burns@...>
 

I’d also like to suggest we change the way we score the league by only having one drop round. i.e 5 from 6, 6 from 7 etc.

Steve B


On 12 Jul 2018, at 10:39, Alan Flockhart <alan@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Looking forwards to the 2019 season how many competitions would people like to see. 
It will be a team selection year (subject to an F5B WC being held in 2020) so we could also look to have a 2 day event with 8 or so rounds possibly.

As per previous years we will be looking to move the events around the country as much as possible.
We are always on the lookout for other venues - If you know of any large enough to host a comp please let us know so it can be investigated. 
We will be planning to have the Eurotour in early/mid July as in previous years.

1. 5 or less
2. 6
3. 7
4. More than 7
5. Lower number of comps (~5) but have a few centralised training days - ie Buckminster or similar to encourage other pilots to try F5B. Similar to the sessions which F3K have been running
6. One 2 day comp as part of the league

Vote Now


jjmouris
 

It’s not entirely clear to me what the last option is, are you suggesting we have the league with however many comps but team selection is only based on the 2 day comp? If so that would be an option for me. I’d like to see more comps to but I can simply not commit to that many due to work. So if there are 6 comps to fly (7 with only 1 throw out or 8 with 2) there is a real risk I wouldn’t be able to finish in the top 3 simply due to my job. I do not want to be in a situation where I have to bank one someone not wanting to go, it’s extremely de-motivating.

With regards to comments about a single event meaning if you have a bad day, you loose out. If you have a bad day at the WC you don’t finish high either. The added pressure is a good thing.

J


Alan Flockhart
 

The idea of the 2 day comp is as a "long" 1 day one.  So as an example event 4 in the league rather than being over 4 flights would be over 8. 

I don't think we would envisage having a team trials based on 1 event.  We have discussed it in the past and it wasn't the majority vote to go that way. Also very easy for the weather destroy that single event which means it is moved to a date which doesn't suit everyone....


On 12/07/2018 12:32, jjmouris wrote:
It’s not entirely clear to me what the last option is, are you suggesting we have the league with however many comps but team selection is only based on the 2 day comp? If so that would be an option for me. I’d like to see more comps to but I can simply not commit to that many due to work. So if there are 6 comps to fly (7 with only 1 throw out or 8 with 2) there is a real risk I wouldn’t be able to finish in the top 3 simply due to my job. I do not want to be in a situation where I have to bank one someone not wanting to go, it’s extremely de-motivating.

With regards to comments about a single event meaning if you have a bad day, you loose out. If you have a bad day at the WC you don’t finish high either. The added pressure is a good thing.

J


jjmouris
 

Ok clear, well the Poll doesn’t allow to choose option 6 as well as any other so maybe the 2 day comp question should be a different poll.

J


On 12 Jul 2018, at 14:14, Alan Flockhart <alan@...> wrote:

The idea of the 2 day comp is as a "long" 1 day one.  So as an example event 4 in the league rather than being over 4 flights would be over 8. 

I don't think we would envisage having a team trials based on 1 event.  We have discussed it in the past and it wasn't the majority vote to go that way. Also very easy for the weather destroy that single event which means it is moved to a date which doesn't suit everyone....


On 12/07/2018 12:32, jjmouris wrote:
It’s not entirely clear to me what the last option is, are you suggesting we have the league with however many comps but team selection is only based on the 2 day comp? If so that would be an option for me. I’d like to see more comps to but I can simply not commit to that many due to work. So if there are 6 comps to fly (7 with only 1 throw out or 8 with 2) there is a real risk I wouldn’t be able to finish in the top 3 simply due to my job. I do not want to be in a situation where I have to bank one someone not wanting to go, it’s extremely de-motivating.

With regards to comments about a single event meaning if you have a bad day, you loose out. If you have a bad day at the WC you don’t finish high either. The added pressure is a good thing.

J


jjmouris
 

Never mind, managed to make it work.


Alan Flockhart
 

:) Was going to say it was specifically selected to be multiple choice rather than radio buttons.

On 12/07/2018 16:15, jjmouris wrote:
Never mind, managed to make it work.


Mark Haigh
 

I think you'll have to clear that through sftc as they stipulate how many comps comprise team selection.


On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 at 11:01, Steve Burns
<steve.burns@...> wrote:
I’d also like to suggest we change the way we score the league by only having one drop round. i.e 5 from 6, 6 from 7 etc.

Steve B


On 12 Jul 2018, at 10:39, Alan Flockhart <alan@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Looking forwards to the 2019 season how many competitions would people like to see. 
It will be a team selection year (subject to an F5B WC being held in 2020) so we could also look to have a 2 day event with 8 or so rounds possibly.

As per previous years we will be looking to move the events around the country as much as possible.
We are always on the lookout for other venues - If you know of any large enough to host a comp please let us know so it can be investigated. 
We will be planning to have the Eurotour in early/mid July as in previous years.

1. 5 or less
2. 6
3. 7
4. More than 7
5. Lower number of comps (~5) but have a few centralised training days - ie Buckminster or similar to encourage other pilots to try F5B. Similar to the sessions which F3K have been running
6. One 2 day comp as part of the league

Vote Now


Steve Burns <steve.burns@...>
 

I wasn’t talking about team selection and to be honest that doesn’t bother me how it’s done. I was talking about the UK league, seems silly to have it scored over so few comps.

Steve


On 13 Jul 2018, at 07:16, Mark Haigh via Groups.Io <mark.frumtarn@...> wrote:

I think you'll have to clear that through sftc as they stipulate how many comps comprise team selection.


On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 at 11:01, Steve Burns
I’d also like to suggest we change the way we score the league by only having one drop round. i.e 5 from 6, 6 from 7 etc.

Steve B


On 12 Jul 2018, at 10:39, Alan Flockhart <alan@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Looking forwards to the 2019 season how many competitions would people like to see. 
It will be a team selection year (subject to an F5B WC being held in 2020) so we could also look to have a 2 day event with 8 or so rounds possibly.

As per previous years we will be looking to move the events around the country as much as possible.
We are always on the lookout for other venues - If you know of any large enough to host a comp please let us know so it can be investigated. 
We will be planning to have the Eurotour in early/mid July as in previous years.

1. 5 or less
2. 6
3. 7
4. More than 7
5. Lower number of comps (~5) but have a few centralised training days - ie Buckminster or similar to encourage other pilots to try F5B. Similar to the sessions which F3K have been running
6. One 2 day comp as part of the league

Vote Now