Wetlands Competition 3 11-6-17 results and league standings

baldyslapnut

Steve,

Thank you for turning the results around at the end of a long day.

Plus as Mark says keeping it all together through the day.

A tricky day and well done to everyone who flew today.

Great to meet Kyri and good to see Tony W getting some competition.

It is a shame the weather has masked the progress made by Dick, Steve, Alan and Jos over the winter.

Mark is making great strides with his Flip Flop and Jeti radio. Really smooth flying today.

Jos speed flying was on rails despite the rough air. It was just some back luck with turbulence in the landing area which cost Jos the win.

Steve B has now topped the highest leg score in the last two events. It is just a question of time before he hooks it all up and wins event.

Greg

On 11 Jun 2017, at 21:59, MARK HAIGH mark.frumtarn@... [f5b_uk] <f5b_uk@...> wrote:

Cheers Steve and thanks again for all the work you put in today

Mark

[Attachment(s) from Steve Burns included below]

Results for today’s comp and league standings to date attached. I think Greg and myself would be OK with declaring the league as final as it stands ;)

Well done to all who flew in the very difficult conditions which saw planes going very slow, turbulence big enough to turn the plane inverted, sink strong enough to bring the sky itself down along with wind so strong that Dick had to do a 25 metre sprint to recover the base B chair.

It was good to see Kyri back after many years away from F5B. He was flying a model that was current last time he flew, a Surprise 11, and although a fair bit lighter now fitted out with LiPo's he and it did very well in the conditions flying a best of 28 legs. I'm not sure how that compares to the scores of back in 2004 ish but it looked pretty good to me and good to see another intermediate competitor.

Well done to Tony W for another top performance in intermediate class and Greg for taking the win in open class, getting the better of Jos by just 1 point.

I'm hoping for some better weather for the next event, our eurotour on 15th & 16th of July at Woodchurch.
Hope to see you all there.

Steve.